Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How bad is to have custom framework or modified version of existing?  (Read 6247 times)
Leksey

View Profile Email
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:12:31 »

Hello.

I am working as Flex developer for a year. Before now I was alone responsible for front-side implementation in Flex. And for development I used my own framework, that is combination of features,ideas  and practicies from different frameworks and articles. Now I have invintation to participate in large team project, which will be developed in PureMVC.
  And now thinking how other developers will feel if they will need to continue my previous projects.
Have anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks, leksey
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:03:44 »

At the end of the day if software is well documented and easy to upkeep it arguably doesn't matter how it was written.

One of the big benefits in a common framework like PureMVC is that as more people learn it, the more likely new team members will be to hit the ground running without having to stop to figure out the basic architecture. It handles the separation well enough that you can generally get by without needing to modify, document and train team members on a custom version, though you certainly can.

Unless you find the basic premise flawed, changes you might be inclined to make to the framework itself for want of a feature is often best expressed as a utility designed to augment the framework with complimentary patterns, such as the recent additions of AsyncCommand and StateMachine.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print