Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: creating and destroying mediators at runtime  (Read 8130 times)
hannes

View Profile Email
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:31:40 »

hello,

what are the best practices to handle creation and destruction of mediators at runtime?

In my app, there is a "ContentMediator" which creates and initializes different types of dumb (non-interactive) subpages. Now there is an additional type of such subpage, which contains a contact form. I don't want the ContentMediator to know anything about that form, but instead I somehow want to connect something like a ContactFormMediator to the form.

ContentMediator could send a notification carrying the subpage each time some content is created; a command could be executed which checks the content type and creates the ContactFormMediator. Same thing for destroying content.

Is there any better way to accomplish this?

Cheers
Hannes
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:07:01 »

Sounds about right on the creation, but on destruction, a better way to go is that the ContentMediator removes the subpage from its view component's hierarchy. This will cause the subpage component to send a REMOVED event which its mediator should listen for and respond to by removing its listeners, nulling its viewComponent reference (freeing the subpage for GC) and finally removing itself with 'facade.removeMediator(this.getMediatorName());'

-=Cliff>
hannes

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:21:16 »

thanks, that sounds good :)
Pages: [1]
Print