Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trying to understand multicore  (Read 6484 times)
deltajam
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:01:47 »

Ok, so I've got my module loaded into my application.  Check.  Now I would like to understand the initializeNotifier method and onRegister method a little better.  What is the difference between the two? When would I use one and not the other?  Currently, I have a mediator that registers a proxy, and then tried to retrieve it shortly after ... but it retrieves null.

It's driving me nuts.  I've made break points ... debugged, etc.  I just can't figure out why my proxy retrieves null.  I've seen other posts like this ... but not much from the multicore arena.

Thanks for any help!
deltajam
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:13:36 »

I'm just this question drives the admins mad.  I just figured it out.  It was a typo. Awful eh?  I was extending my proxy class, and I wasn't passing the NAME variable through properly.  Man alive.  Thank you for coping with me.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:42:34 »

No problem, typos get us all, and it always seems like it has to be something major :)

On the initializeNotifier vs onRegister, the former is merely the first opportunity for you to make calls to your facade. Its after construction but before registration.
The latter is later still and is right after registration, so you can be sure that if your facade manipulations result in the Proxy or Mediator being retrieved (or notified if its a mediator) by some other actor that it will be available.

Generally you don't need to use initializeNotifier, its just an earlier hook than onRegister.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print