Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Standard vs Multicore  (Read 8971 times)
Shua

View Profile Email
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:55:11 »

I'm about to begin my first pureMVC project and I'm not sure which version would be most beneficial/needed.  Here is a quick recap of what I'm trying to accomplish:
I want to load a config file like shown in the AppSkeleton demo but from that file I want to dynamically load view components. For the most part I want to make some custom form controls that I load at run time.  So I can produce different forms by only changing the underlining config file.  The only samples I can tell that do this are the Multicore(Pipe works) samples.

Am I correct in the assumption that if I'm going to dynamically load these components I will be better off using/need to use the Multicore version?

Thanks in advance,
Josh
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:37:53 »

MultiCore is suggested for all new AS3 development.
The Standard version remains primarily as a reference for languages that don't support modular programming. You can use it in the standard way whether you are using modules/loaded swfs or not, but you won't find yourself having to migrate if you later need to. Also, unit testing is easier since you can get a new facade for each test.

The primary differences are in the composition of the getInstance method for your concrete facade, and the best practice of eschewing facade manipulation in the constructors of Mediators and Proxies becomes an actual requirement (hold off until onRegister. That's about it.

-=Cliff>
Shua

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:53:19 »

Thanks kinda of the impression I was getting, but I wanted to make sure!
Pages: [1]
Print