Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multi instances of same view  (Read 6633 times)
ssetem

View Profile Email
« on: March 18, 2009, 04:02:45 »

Hi Guys,

First off great framework!!

Im a bit stuck, iv basically got an application which is tabbed collection of a complex view. Does this mean i will need to create a new instance of a mediator to partner that view per tab?

Thanks
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 04:42:40 »

Not necessarily. If the children aren't very complicated (for instance, just presenting different info, but not requiring a lot of different system and user interaction,  then one mediator for the whole tabnav  may do. But usually that's not the case. If you need a mediator per child you'll almost certainly need to deal with deferred instantiation of the children, and consequently their mediators.

To learn more about handling this scenario, go to the news section of this site and check out the article introducing the Slacker demo.

-=Cliff>
ssetem

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 05:17:25 »

thanks,

yeh i think il need to go the more complicated route, each tab will represent an upload session which allows you to upload a collection files and initiat an upload. So each tab will be bound to a new object.

Il have a look at that example now
ssetem

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 05:20:08 »

Hi,

Sorry i cant seem to find the demo you mentioned

EDIT: found it now : D:D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:32:55 by ssetem » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print