Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flash Website with PureMVC  (Read 6721 times)
meekgeek

View Profile Email
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:40:28 »

Alright, I wanted to share this with you guys.

It's my companys site I'm building with PureMVC.  It's still a very early build but I thought this might be helpful to some people out there like me. 

When I started with this framework about 4 weeks ago, I was wondering how I could implement the PureMVC framework in a regular flash website.  This is what I've come up with so far.

I'll explain just a little bit of what's going on...

I've set up a model class called NavigationProxy that reads an xml of the basic structure of the site your trying to build.  It sets up certain groups that other mediators can register too.  For example, any panel that need to display when the home button is clicked will want to register to the 'home' group.

My StageMediator class is in charge of adding these display objects to the stage.  It's also in charge of making sure that all objects are removed when you want to navigate to another part of the site.

There are other classes in my src files that anyone is welcome to use.  Any view component will want to extend these classes in order to have the easout and easein functionality controlled by labels in the flash document.

I'll be uploading my progress in the next couple of weeks.  Feel free to tear up my code and make it better  :)

My files right now need a lot of work still but I think this is a really good starting point for a "Code Generator  ;D"

You can download the stuff here http://zther.net/zther.zip
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:44:59 »

Thanks for posting this!

And if you (or anybody else here) would like to have part of it become an official sub-project and turn it into a full-on demo or utility you'll soon have repository access, integrated bug tracking and wiki. I just got an agreement from CVSDude to host the community projects and shortly will have a structure in place for the building to begin!

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print