Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: flashdevelop and puremvc  (Read 10013 times)
landed

View Profile Email
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:52:24 »

I have a couple of initial questions

How can I start to use to try puremvc with flash develop and perhaps the flex sdk so as to keep open source ?

Normally I have to declare an entry point class in fd, no problem but what is it that I need to instantiate first.

I would secondly like to know how to start using flash cs3 and having assets in the library.

thanks in adv.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03:20 »

I personally have never used FlashDevelop, but it shouldn't be much different from Flex Builder with regard to PureMVC.

In Flex, the MXML app is instantiated first, and all its view components and properties are initialzed. One of those properties is your facade's singleton (or multiton in MultiCore) instance.
Once this has taken place the creationComplete handler for the MXML app calls a startup method on your facade that in turn sends a STARTUP notification which triggers the command that prepares the Model and View. That should be no different Presumablyyou need to tell FlashDevelop  to start with your MXML application and follow the ordinary methodology.

-=Cliff> 
landed

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:41 »

yes that sounds about right to me, what if I were publishing using CS3 or 4 ?  I guess we just instantiate the main class you were talking about and there we go.

Im just wondering if we are not talking flex which is the class to instantiatewhich kicks it all off.
thanks

ps im not getting email notification of replies for this forum so far...
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:11:59 »

In Flash, your Document Class is where you kick everything off, just as your Main.mxml does in Flex.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 03:30:11 »

@landed, I believe you should be able to edit your forum profile and get email notifications for your threads.

-=Cliff>
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 06:44:35 »

Philippe one of the author of the FlashDevelop project give me this url : http://gurufaction.blogspot.com/2007/07/puremvc-project-template-for.html

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
Print