Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: comunication beetween viewComponents and mediator  (Read 9112 times)
fede

View Profile Email
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:56:38 »

hi all
i'm using pureMvc in gwt and i like it!
after reading the doc materials i've found that in the original implementation in Actionscript the comunication from  viewComponents and mediator is implemented in the following way:

mediator -> viewComponents [this is done by directy method invocation]
viewComponents  -> mediator[this is done by dispatching custom events from the components witch the mediator is listening on]

Since now for this interaction i've used the notifications system of pureMvc, but now i
 agree that  the comunication beetween viewComponents and mediators is somewhat local comunication and should not use the notification system.

Unfortunatly before 1.6 the event system of gwt was more primitive of that of flex and was difficult to create and dispatch custom events from components. i've gived a look at the new event system of gwt 1.6 and it seems ther is space for declaring and throwing user defined events, so i'm starting to think that the implementation of puremvc4gwt could align with the best practice highlited in the documentations.

I'm intersted in hear someone opinions in this.

ciao
Federico

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:35:44 »

I agree. You should post this over on the MultiCore side, as that's the version used with GWT.

Cheers,
-=Cliff>
fede

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:34:57 »

ok i'll post it on the MultiCore side
Pages: [1]
Print