Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Can anyone help me get this guys PMVC project compiling?  (Read 9151 times)
JonathanS

View Profile Email
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:02:37 »

I am trying to fix someone else's project that was built with pureMVC, and my first step is getting it to compile. I have never used PureMVC or flex before (have been using flash and actionscripting for quite a while though), so I am at a loss. He did not give me an mxml file. I have no idea why. My main problem now is getting the proper configuration into that file. This is what I have so far:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
   xmlns:view="com.cakestudios.creationistssite.view.components.*"
   layout="absolute"
   width="800" height="600"
   verticalGap="0"
   horizontalGap="0"
   creationComplete="facade.startup(this);">
<mx:Script source="Application.as"/>
</mx:Application>

When it starts to compile, I get "TypeError: Error #2023: Class ApplicationFacade$ must inherit from Sprite to link to the root." I can't seem to get by this error. All of my pathing seems to be right, I am probably just missing something in the mxml file. Any suggestions?
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:59:47 »

Wow, um... This isn't much to go on really. ApplicationFacade should definitely not be a Sprite. Has it EVER compiled? If so, is the code in a repository where you might be able to check out a prior working version?

If not, you've got your work cut out for you. I would suggest skipping the immediate urgency of trying to get a compile going, and spend some time looking at some PureMVC apps that DO work so you'll know what one should look like. Try starting with the EmployeeAdmin Flex demo. Also having a quick read of the Framework Overview and Best Practices docs will put you on firmer ground. if the app is this messed up (thinking the ApplicationFacade should be a Sprite) don't try to 'use the force' to figure it out.

-=Cliff> 
JonathanS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:17:44 »

lol @ using the force.

Yeah I know, not exactly an ideal situation. Anyhow, I was able to get it running in the flash IDE with a couple of tweaks. I just made the application.as file my document class and embedded a few necessary assets and everything compiles nicely now, so moving along.

I do have interest in learning to use the framework, but I am so comfortable building my own frameworks on a per-project base that I am not sure it will ever happen. Maybe I will try it out for my next project and see if it makes my life any eaiser. Thanks for the help anyways Cliff.

Jonathan
Pages: [1]
Print