Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flex & ColdFusion PureMVC style!  (Read 12205 times)
newtriks
Courseware Beta

- newtriks
View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 26, 2007, 01:55:11 »

Hi all,

I have been beavering away with a Flex & ColdFusion tutorial for a site and on completion wanted to do a little trial project and apply the PureMVC framework to the application.  Bit of a mission but finally got around to getting it working sweet (or at least sweet for me) and thought it would be good to see what ya'll think and if you have any suggestions or feedback to streamline it?  Please be aware its nothing fancy just a simple add, update and delete app.

http://www.nutrixinteractive.com/tutorials/flexCF_mvc.zip

Cheers Simon
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:12:59 »

Simon,

Good to see some progress from over on your side of the pond. I hope to be able to check it out this weekend as well as some other demos I haven't had time for while I'm sitting in my hotel room.

I did have a gander at the contents of your zip file though, and would make one suggestion:

Remove the .actionscriptProperties, .project, .flexProperties files. These are added by the IDE, and if someone is running a different version of the IDE, then it can really tie the project in a knot. I discovered this when some of the Adobe courseware came out like that and people were installing it to a newer version.

Also you can remove the /html-template and /bin directories.

That way a person can create a new Flex project, point to the flexCF_mvc folder on their disk and Flex Builder will do the rest. They'll know they've built properly if they get a runnable swf in /bin

-=Cliff>
newtriks
Courseware Beta

- newtriks
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:06:58 »

Good call mate  ;D thanks muchly :) enjoy your presentation!!!
jdschrock
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 02:03:42 »

Simon,
Thanks so much for posting your app. I got it working ok although I ran into a few problems getting it to work. No problem on your part though, just some issues I had because of my own lack of experience. It's great to be able to have a working prototype to dig deeper and learn more. Also am very impressed with pureMVC and am planning to use it.
JD
newtriks
Courseware Beta

- newtriks
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 07:42:38 »

No probs man and glad it all worked for you  ;) pls checkout the my blog post, I have just written a tutorial Flex, ColdFusion and PureMVC, a few changes were made and it is now running super slick http://www.nutrixinteractive.com/blog/?p=73
Pages: [1]
Print