Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Modular application with modules without PureMVC?  (Read 7566 times)
mkaffel

View Profile Email
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:37 »

Hello,

I started to develop a modular application with PureMVC Multicore.

The goal of my application is to offer at a community the possibility to create their own modules which use my "framework" (the modules have to implement some interfaces defined in my application)

I would like to know if the external modules can be develop without the PureMVC framework.

Thanks in advance for any help
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 03:47:52 »

Sure just use interfaces for communications.

-=Cliff>
mkaffel

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:16:04 »

Thanks for your answer Cliff,

I checked out the source of Modularity, it's seems adapted to my project.

It is possible to adapt it with loaded modules with the ModuleManager ?

Because for the moment the application have to know the modules(widgets) and one of my requirements is to let the possibility to third parties to develop modules for my application.

Another question:

How I have to manage CRUD operations started by the modules ?

Thanks in adavance for any help

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 08:16:43 »

Sure you can load the modules, that was just out of scope for the demo, which was focusing on module communications using interfaces. Where the module came from makes no difference at all.

As for CRUD operations started by the modules, remember that a module is an entire program unto itself. In the Modularity demo, the modules are relatively trivial widgets. However they could easily present forms for editing data and have their own proxies to talk to services.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print