Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blackberry implementation examples needed.  (Read 7147 times)
geotronik

View Profile Email
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:50:59 »

I am bit of a novice with pmvc, and moving to mobile app development using the blackberry.

If anybody knows about blackberry implementations, I'm looking for some useful examples of pmvc being used.

I have a simple app up and running, but i'm running into issues with the 'screen' stack blackberry uses and how to handle them through mediator/view component portions of pmvc.

examples examples examples.. it is how I learn. just hoping there is somebody who has something!

Thanks
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:20:59 »

I was pretty excited to get something going there, so I got the Blackberry IDE and actually got a tiny hello world going, then tried to install the Verizon 8830 emulator so I could build for my exact phone. The entire thing went bust. Now I can't get it to launch anything or revert to another emulator. This was really annoying.

Hello, RIM: Build on ECLIPSE!!!!

Anyway, I'm sorry to say I haven't yet burned down and rebuilt the IDE.

But here's the thing. If you know any other languages such as AS3, Python, etc. You can scope out some of the demos for them. No, it won't tell you a thing about Blackberry's stack, but it will get you up to speed on the role of the framework. That is pretty invariant across platforms. And also read the Best Practices doc. Yes, examples are Flex/AS3 but again platform and language focus are minimized in the discussion in favor clarification of the general concepts.

You'll need to learn more about the Blackberry platform itself from that community. From this community ask things like the role of the mediator to the view component, and tell us about the specific behaviors and capabilities of that view component. We'd love to get the BB community using this. You can be our emissary. :)

-=Cliff>
geotronik

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 12:46:55 »

Thanks Cliff,

The wonderful thing about pmvc is the docs. I've spent significant time and am very comfortable with the pmvc environment. The 'implementation' on blackberry is quite different in how it might deal with pmvc. I've done development is many other languages including actionscript. The issue for me is not really understanding how pmvc operates... its just figuring out how to make blackberry interact with it properly. mainly the screen stack. i can make some things work easily enough. but to build a complete app on bb with pmvc eludes me.

hence... examples of bb on pmvc.. still calling out to those who might have this!
Pages: [1]
Print