Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Startup Manager  (Read 9232 times)
citizen_conn

View Profile Email
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:09:44 »

Hi, quick question about startup manager. How come when I specify that a startup proxy resource requires the previously registered startup proxy resource, it simply wont load. Instead of waiting for the one it requires to load, then loading, it simply wont load. If I do not specify the requires variable for any of my proxies, then they all load fine and their notifications are sent perfectly.

Appreciate the help because this is maddening.
philipSe

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:08:10 »

Sounds very mysterious.  If the only change you make is to remove the requires, and then they all load then it is strange. Just a few comments, in the hope of being helpful.

You say...
then they all load fine and their notifications are sent perfectly.
You know that it is your app that sends the loaded notification, for each resource, when it is loaded.  Otherwise the SM doesn't know whether the load completed; the SM starts the resource load, but you must tell it when it is finished.  This 'loaded' notification must have the IStartupProxy proxy name in the note body, so that the SM knows which resource has loaded.

So, if there are no requires, then the SM will start all the loads and they will run to completion, but you won't get a 'loading complete' notification from the SM unless you have sent a 'loaded' notification for each resource.

If there is a requires on a resource, SM won't start that resource load until the resources it requires have been loaded, that is, loaded notifications have been sent, by the app, for those resources.

Sorry if I'm repeating stuff that you are well aware of, but trying to be helpful.
----Philip
philipSe

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:41:16 »

BTW, the startup manager is now at v2.0 and has been renamed as Loadup; Loadup was released recently.
----Philip
citizen_conn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:18:40 »

Edit: of course its mysterious because I was not registering the proper commands on the ApplicationFacade. Thats why nothing was happening. Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:28:26 by citizen_conn » Logged
dd

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:40:19 »

Edit: of course its mysterious because I was not registering the proper commands on the ApplicationFacade. Thats why nothing was happening. Thank you for your time!
Heh, happens to me sometimes.  :D
Pages: [1]
Print