Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Problem with applications that use multiple SWFs?  (Read 6965 times)
DavidPesta

View Profile Email
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:23:42 »

I came across an overly negative article about frameworks in general and took it with a grain of salt. The only issue that was brought up that troubles me is the following:

As convenient as it is to use, a Central Dispatcher is a really bad idea. Another Singleton effectively. Pop two apps into the same SWF and watch, with excitement and glee, all the cross-talk that occurs – both apps responding to each other’s events. Oh noes!

Is this a problem for PureMVC notifications?

I have plans for an application that requires the loading of separate PureMVC powered SWF files. This is necessary because as my product develops, different sets of users of legacy versions will still need access to multiple versions of the legacy program (SWF) for about a month before their need for the legacy version expires and they can start on the latest version of the program. These different SWF versions need to work in tandem with a main menu area that is itself a separate SWF inside of the same application. (So the common main menu SWF needs to be able to load any version of the other SWF at any time.)

So, I was wondering if the cross-talk problem would occur in PureMVC under these conditions, and if so, what steps can be taken to avoid problems from happening.

Thank you much for the help!

David
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:00:02 »

This is what the MultiCore version is for.

-=Cliff>
DavidPesta

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:53:10 »

This is what the MultiCore version is for.

-=Cliff>

Really!? On to MultiCore then!

Thanks a million!

David
Pages: [1]
Print