Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought


Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Pipes help. I think mine are clogged  (Read 2432 times)
gohloum
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 16


View Profile Email
« on: October 14, 2009, 11:23:21 »

I've been using multi core for a few projects now and found my first need for pipes. PureMVC was pretty easy to get the hanng of, so pipes seem to be the obvious solution. I have been through several sites and examples like PipeWorks and thus tried to implement some simple pipes in my project, but with no success.  Upon further digging for examples and docs, I found the simple HelloPipes example and decided to build a quick test project based on that example and work my way up to something more elegant like pipeworks to gain a good understanding of how it works.  So start simple and build upon what I learn, right?

Studying the HelloModules example, I personally prefer to let the mediators mediate and handle the brunt of the logic. Therefore, other than an interface for the module and defining those methods in the mxml of the module, and facade startup, I have moved most of logic into mediators. 

I've started a simple project and written enough code that I can attach a module, plumb it, and send a message down a pipe from the module to the shell, however my shell does not hear the message.  I've checked to make sure I have my pipes registered, listener is registered, mediators are registered, etc.  Obviously I have missed something, but I have been through the code several times and I am just not sure what I have missed. 

Attached is the archived project.  I am using Flex 3.4 SDK.

I am the only flex coder at my company, so if someone here wouldn't mind taking a quick look to point out the errors of my ways, I would be most thankful.
Logged
gohloum
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 16


View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:40:20 »

Yup. My pipes were clogged.  I found the issue.  In my override of the module's junction mediator listNotificationInterests() method, I did not call the super's list and append to it with my notifications, thus the JunctionMediator.ACCEPT_INPUT_PIPE  and JunctionMediator.ACCEPT_OUTPUT_PIPE were no longer in the list.

Hopefully this little tid-bit will help someone else if they run into the same issue.

Thanks!
Logged
Pages: [1]
Print