Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Puremvc book  (Read 7482 times)
kofiaddaquay

View Profile Email
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:06:41 »

Hi Cliff...this only occurred to me when i noticed a cairngorm book is about to get released. is there any chance we might see such a thing for puremvc??? that would be l.o.v.e.l.y :):):)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:09:04 by kofiaddaquay » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 03:39:05 »

Wouldn't it though. If you find any willing publishers that can pay in advance (at the rate that I bill when consulting), I'll be right on that. :)

Seriously, I've talked with several published community members about how you pull it off and it basically boils down to having to live on rice and water for 6 or 8 months until you can deliver something. I'd love to collaborate with a published author who knows the process and can basically let me architect the book and write the code, but do a lot of the actual writing. Spare time is dear (read: nonexistent), and working for a living sho' do take a pinch out of ones day...

-=Cliff>
99miles

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:48:22 »

I was thinking even if you simply packaged up the docs and used something like Lulu.com to make a bound version available. These are the kinds of docs I read and reference enough that for a reasonable amount I'd buy a bound copy to have around.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 03:04:27 »

Definitely a good idea about Lulu. Will look into it.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print