Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: multi source data  (Read 6682 times)
uncleunvoid

View Profile Email
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:06 »

I have now developed a setup where my content is in a number of proxies, which represent a number of different data source files.

Now I need to retrieve the data from the proxies. The search should only retrieve one piece of data.

Default and new versions of the data are present(e.g. a certain layout). I need to look in each proxy for the data as I dont know where the data might be.

I need the data / responses from the  search all coming back to one central point.

How do I do this?

At the moment my solution sits in a command that retrieves all proxies, if it find one fills a container, and whatever is in the container at the end of teh search gets moved to the next step of the process.

Does that sound feasible/efficient?
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 02:19:36 »

Completely. You might want to have each of the Proxies to be searched implement an ISearchable interface which specifies a search method that takes a search string and returns a boolean or whatever.

-=Cliff>
uncleunvoid

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:38:49 »

I have that, its called:  hasContent

which both tells me if I can search it or if I can save the XML back as an updated file.
Pages: [1]
Print