Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Major Silverlight PureMVC Deployments?  (Read 17792 times)
klk

View Profile Email
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:42:03 »

Hi all,

I'm looking into potentially looking PureMVC because of its platform independence.  We are developing an app in Flex and may eventually want to port into to Silverlight.  My question is, are there examples of major Silverlight applications out there that are currently built on PureMVC?  From what I've seen so far, almost everything seems to be done for AS3.

Cheers,
Karthik
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:44:20 by klk » Logged
adamczak

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:17:08 »

I have not seen any major PureMVC Silverlight applications.  I, personally, have written some significant C# winforms applications using PureMVC, and PureMVC has been extremely effective in those applications.
klk

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:26:32 »

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply!

It's good to hear that PureMVC is stable on C# platform.  Do you have any experience doing it for Silverlight?

I am specifically interested in a case where PureMVC helped migrate and maintain an application on multiple (at least 2) frameworks, because that's where I see the real potential value.

Thanks,
Karthik
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 07:41:57 »

I'm currently looking into creating the PureMVC Employee Admin demo for Silverlight 4 with C#. I'm not sure how long it will take to finish it, it's barely my first Silverlight application.

It's definitively not the major sample you are looking for but it will help others to compare how an ActionScript 3 and a C# application look.

My opinion is there isn't any major PureMVC Silverlight apps because PureMVC utilities don't have a port for it at the moment.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:01:03 »

This is a good one to do, since it's been ported to so many other platforms and you've already done it once for JavaScript.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print