Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to do a "Hello world" application with Flex 4 ?  (Read 12077 times)
wdavid

View Profile Email
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:44:58 »

Hi everybody,
First, I am Willy, a French student in ITs and I am on a Flex 4 project. The project is to do a timeline application.

My problem is I do not manage to do a simple "Hello World" application by keeping truly the PureMVC architecture.

I have to develop without the Flash Builder IDE; only with free applications available on Ubuntu (thus text editor).
Can someone guide me to develop a first "Hello World" application which I would translate in French ? Or give me a simple application that I could compile knowing the last step is to develop an RIA/RDA application ?

Regards
Willy D.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:51:40 by wdavid » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:25:54 »

You can use any of the demos, take Flex EmployeeAdmin for example. While it doesn't use the Spark controls, it is still perfectly valid for Flex 4.

-=Cliff>
wdavid

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 04:11:26 »

Thank you very much Cliff.
I tried this and I found common problems on with the migration of an application from Flex 3 to Flex 4.
To solve some of them, look at : http://www.lynchconsulting.com.au/blog/index.cfm/2010/3/21/Flex-3-to-Flex-4-Migration-Howto

I decide to go back on Flex 3 because Flex 4 is to young.
Regards

Willy
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:42:46 »

So, what problems did you have? Are you saying Flex Builder 4 was unable to compile and run the EmployeeAdmin demo out of the box? Or are you talking about attempting to use Spark controls instead of Halo controls or to apply style sheets or add other new stuff to the mix?

-=Cliff>
wdavid

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:49:22 »

The problem is that I intent to compile the project, as it is, with the mxmlc command of Flex 4 SDK and I do not obtain a SWF file because of compilation errors.
Like you say, an error message about the style appear (sorry, I have only the french version of this message) when I intent to compile each program for Flex 3.
Pages: [1]
Print