Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: a problem with 0.7.3 moxie  (Read 8286 times)
spacetimer

View Profile Email
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:19:25 »

I'm working under flex3

In the simple_routing example I want to apply the two kinds of reaction syntax and remove the mediator's 'onRegister' function in which it adds listeners for compent's events. For example I altered simplemodule.view.MessageNavBarMediator as follows:

step1:
//adding:
      public function reactToMessageShellButtonClick(event:MouseEvent):void
      {
          Alert.show('hi from 0.7.3');
      }

or :

public function reactToMessageShellButton$Click(event:MouseEvent):void
      {
          Alert.show('hi from 0.7.3');
      }

step2:
//deleted:
/*

override public function onRegister():void {
    messageShellButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN, messageShellButtonListener);
    messageModulesButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN, messageModulesButtonListener);
    messageGroupButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN, messageGroupButtonListener);
messageInstancesInGroupButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN,                                          messageInstanceGroupButtonListener);
  }

*/

or:

//remained, but add 'super.onRegister()' to support reaction syntax

override public function onRegister():void {
    super.onRegister();
    messageShellButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN, messageShellButtonListener);
    messageModulesButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN, messageModulesButtonListener);
    messageGroupButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN, messageGroupButtonListener);
messageInstancesInGroupButton.addEventListener(FlexEvent.BUTTON_DOWN,                                          messageInstanceGroupButtonListener);
  }

This works fine with 0.6-flex
But It doesn't work when I replaced it with 0.7.3-flex-moxie and changed the app tag to <fab:FlexHaloApplication>.

An error was thrown:

Error: A class with the name 'simplemodule.view::MessageNavBarMediator' could not be found.
   at org.as3commons::ClassUtils$/forName()[/Users/sema/Work/projects/personal/development/PureMVCFabricationIoC/as3-commons-reflect/org/as3commons/ClassUtils.as:83]
   at org.as3commons::ClassUtils$/forInstance()[/Users/sema/Work/projects/personal/development/PureMVCFabricationIoC/as3-commons-reflect/org/as3commons/ClassUtils.as:50]
   at org.as3commons.reflect::Type$/forInstance()[/Users/sema/Work/projects/personal/development/PureMVCFabricationIoC/as3-commons-reflect/org/as3commons/reflect/Type.as:77]

Am I missing some steps here switching 0.6-flex app to 0.7.3-flex-moxie app?

And also I find that simply adding 'super.onRegister()' in the mediator's 'onRegister()' function will cause the same error with 0.7.3.

However these modifications are  OK with mediators in the shell.view package.
So I suppose maybe some error occured during the module loading process.

Thank you for you time. :)

rafal.szemraj

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 01:41:03 »

Hi spacetimer,

Thanks for this post, you've pointed out very important issue. The problems is in new reflection mechanism ( which not exists in 0.6 ). REflection mechanism can't find loaded module-related classes because they are held in separate domain. I will fix it and let you know. Thanks again!
rafal.szemraj

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:08:07 »

Hi,

try update ( 0.7.3.1 ) on project page. I've tested it on the same example you did and no errors at this point. Hope will work for you!
spacetimer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:41:05 »

Yes no problem now. enjoyful!
Pages: [1]
Print