Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FIXED] onRegister/onRemove missing in Mediator/Proxy  (Read 18761 times)
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 15, 2010, 05:11:33 »

As said in the subject the Standard Version of the PureMVC Java Framework doesn't have onRegister/onRemove in Mediator and Proxy classes.

They are present in the Multicore version.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:11:12 by puremvc » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 07:19:51 »

Thanks for this report.

Shortly, I believe we will re-implement the Standard Version working backward from the MultiCore version, which has gotten much more maintenance love, and the current owner has decided not to continue working on the project.

-=Cliff>
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:31:02 »

Thank you for your answer Cliff.

I can do it if Anthony Quinault does not have time.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 07:40:50 »

I'd be more than pleased to hand the standard version over to your capable hands. You also made a post recently regarding creating a GWT specific version because of the lack of reflection in the MultiCore port.

This is an important point and perhaps a good reason to have you look at the Standard Version. Commands should be referenced by class name and not require instances be created. I believe that is one area that we need have work properly in the Standard Version. Do you concur?

-=Cliff>
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:59 »

I recently had started a PureMVC for Android demo that typically doesn't need the multicore version of the framework. I had to change it to multicore because of the lack of onRegister/onRemove in Mediator and Proxy classes, so yes I concur.

Pages: [1]
Print