Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Consistent naming convention  (Read 10368 times)
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« on: October 24, 2008, 07:11:51 »

Hi guys,

Is there any reason why the as3 naming convention isn't followed anymore?

I thought the idea was to make ports as similar as possible so it's easy for people to cross polinate?

Many thanks

Matt
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:24:21 »

UpperCase method names and such?

It was changed to be more in line with C# / .NET idioms so that the framework doesn't look (to .NET developers) like an alien invader from planet Flex.

On the ports, definitely the roles, relationships and collaborations should remain the same if possible.

But where it comes to style, as the old saying goes "when in Rome, try not to look like a tourist" :)

-=Cliff>
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:52:24 »

Fare does,

Does feel easier to write. I think my only concern was when porting applications, it introduces the need to replace all the differences, but i guess it's nothing a solution wide search and replace can't sort out =)

It's nice to see all the thread safe updates in there as thats something I hadn't had any experience with when i did the initial port.

All the best

Matt
Pages: [1]
Print