Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multiple ApplicationFacade?  (Read 7782 times)
bodbod

View Profile Email
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:16:18 »

I've been having lots of fun with PureMVC, many thanks for a job done so well.  Within a day I managed to get a basic application working and am very excited about how things are beginning to "click".  However I'm struggling with one concept, and please forgive my ignorance if I have missed the point and the solution is obvious (I do try and RTFM but my OOP language isn't fluent yet!).

ApplicationFacade is a Singleton.  So how do I get 2 of my (not so wonderful) applications "going on" concurrently? (e.g. 2 calculators)

So far I'm thinking I need my Proxies and Mediators to be composites and then I should shift everything down a node or two?

Thanks for any advice.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 08:06:25 »

Hi bodbod,

Is this an AIR app and you are wanting 2 NativeWindows to be open at once?

If so, you don't need multiple facades, just  multiple mediators - one per window.

-=Cliff>
bodbod

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 05:13:04 »

Thanks Cliff.

Sorry I should have said - I'm working within the Flash Player runtime environment.  Would the same advice apply here?

I'm probably getting myself in a muddle and will study the HelloFlash example in more detail  :)
Pages: [1]
Print