Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: puremvc base with fab shell / widgets...  (Read 7121 times)
grimmwerks

View Profile Email
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:17:03 »

OK touched on this before and spent some time changing the way I loaded the proxies as well as sending notifications - but here's the deal...

I've got models and proxies that I have in a base app -- there is NO appicationFacade for this 'app' -- as there is no app. It's really just a base directory of things as you said, that should be a library.  This is PureMVC / multicore.   There is a delegate for communication that the proxies talk to (or should).  Thing is  I'm not sure if this delegate shoudld be a 'proxy' per se or just a class. The one thing that is important is that once some socket setup (using json and stomp) is prepared, I tell the delegate to set it's svc as a static var -- doing this thinking that yes I might have to call the class from whereever (more on this in a bit).

I've got a shell app that is fabrication and does it's own startup, etc.  The startup command initiates  the core controllers to initiate the connection, and notify when connected; all this works great.   But the problem I'm starting to come do workarounds is this:  the core / base controllers can't work with the fabrication proxy = retrieveProxy(Proxy.NAME) -- instead these are expecting (since they're base) ApplicationFacade.retrieveProxy etc -- but the base doesn't HAVE an ApplicationFacade...

So I'm wondering how best to handle this -- anything in terms of FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.facade?  Or somehow getting the fabfacade?

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:46:16 »

I really can't comment on the best practice setup of a Fabrication app. While it's built on PureMVC, it is quite a large framework unto itself, and maintained by someone else. We do host a board for it though. You'll need to post questions regarding Fabrication architecture in the Fabrication board: http://forums.puremvc.org/index.php?board=63.0

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print