Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [POSSIBLY NOT A BUG, BUT A STRANGE THING] android apps "forget" registered obsv  (Read 6628 times)
trifox

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:03 »

hello,

yesterday i run into a strange thing, and i am wondering if you people could find a solution to this problem, right now i cannot post a "not" working example, because it is my personal game project for android

so, what is the case?

i have an app with some views, proxies and controlers, everything as usual

when i run the app on the desktop environment as air app everything is working nicely

BUT when i start the app on an android phone, some notifications do not reach their destinations, i traced some pathes of it in a text output, and i came to the conclusion that most of the notifications are send and received as usual, but some notifications arent processed at all, my first guess is that i can not use "notifications" more than once, e.g. i try to use only one notificaiton for one view, and only one controller for that notification, and i also try to register only one view to a notification, by simply renaming a notification, adding a new const in the facade, i got one of the notes running again

any ideas what could cause this ?
as i said, the desktop app just runs fine, and the notes are sent out, i explain the behaviour again:

1. main menu press "start" the game starts
2. game press "back" the game goes back to main menu
3. pressing again "start" the game goes into start game mode, but the view isnt receiving a note about to display the game screen ...

i know it is hard to guess what it could be, if anyone is interested i am willing to provide some sourcecode
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:37:38 »

This is a toughie. I'm not set up to test your app on Android. I will be very soon, but not yet.

You're going to have to debug this in the simulator by setting breakpoints at the locations just before you send and receive the faulty notifications and step through the code to see what happens. Do you know how to use the debugger?

Do I understand correctly that this is an AS3 / Multicore / AIR app and the only difference in the two versions of it are that one is compiled for the desktop and the other for Android? Absolutely no differences in the source code at all?

And you've ruled out the possibility that whatever it is that *generates* the notifications is operating properly?

I'm highly skeptical that this is a PureMVC bug, and am inclined to think that it is a difference introduced by the Android AIR port. After all, if the same application code works on the desktop but not on the phone/tablet, then what has changed? The underlying platform.

Of the notifications that don't seem to be being processed, look backward into the mechanisms that trigger those notifications into being sent. Probably events raised by view components or service components. How do the failing ones vary from the working ones?

-=Cliff>
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:40:08 by puremvc » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print