Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: .NET versions  (Read 33378 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 08:21:41 »

I like this. Does it work?

If so, Funkadelic! I say go with it. (and document as well as you explained here in your demo).

Matt how does this look to you?

-=Cliff>
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:47 »

Seems fine to me, the only negative i can see is that the actual facade class itself won't follow the same design so could confuse people a little, but then i guess the documentation should take care of this.

If you want to send the changes through Jason i'll get them murged in.

Again, great work Jason, keep it up =)
JCabot
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 05:00:25 »

The code in the facade can be changed to that style too :) less confusing that way and it still passes all tests on standard and compact framework. (this is what I've done, I've also changed the comments to match) see the attached file!
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:27:54 »

Perfect,

I'll get those added tonight.

Matt
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 09:49:36 »

This is really excellent!

I believe that people know there are different ways to do a Singleton in any language and its one pattern that often relies on (or is crippled by) local syntax. 

In the end c# developers everywhere will thank you for making this as painless as possible.

Before finalizing this, I'd like you to look once again at the framework Facade and the concrete implementation that a developer will have to write and detemine if anything can be 'pushed back' into the base class. For instance, can we inherit the 'initialized' boolean from the framework class? One less thing to type every time...

Also, you should use this Singleton style in all the singletons of the framework (M,V,C,F)   so be sure its all consistent before moving on. Best to get this all out of the way at once.

Again great work guys.

-=Cliff>
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 02:16:23 »

Am i missing something here? What boolean are we talking about? All Jason has done is move the construction of the Facade inside a static constructor. Same amount of code, just a different location.

Jason, regarding your project name PureMVC.CF.v5, do we need to have the v5? is your project only suitable to version of the CF? Couldn't the user just choose in the project properties which version to compile to?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:26:45 by Gradiation » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:31 »

Sorry, I forgot the boolean wasn't used. Can anything else be inherited?

Also, we're going to need a new repository if this is a demo. We want the csharp repo to only be for the framework, tests and solution files.

Is there a name for Jason's demo? Jason if you can send me info about it and yourself I'll set you up as a project owner with first project.

-=Cliff> 
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 01:29:41 »

From what i understand, i think Jason has pretty much got it down to the minimum it needs to be. It is definatley the cleanest i have come across.

Jason, i have murged the changes localy, and all the tests run fine. If you get back to us RE the project name i'll get it submited. Also what do you think of changing CF to DotNETCF (just cos i'm a stickler ;))
JCabot
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 04:12:07 »

Cool, yeah, just change the name to DotNETCF. I made it v5 originally only because I wasn't sure what else to call it! :)

Also, this isn't a demo yet, it's just the framework and test files, it's just I came across a few issues while trying to write a demo, I'll make another post when I get that sorted...
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 05:06:35 »

Cool, i'll get that in tonight then.

Woo hoo! the first commit of PureMVC in C# for the .NET CF =)

Good work!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print