Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pure MVC Console with pure AS3 project  (Read 9802 times)
eliatlas

View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:50:06 »

Hi All

I am trying to use the Kap Lab console with my AS3 project.
The idea is to make a Flex application that will initiate my original AS3 application.

Is there a better way?
Also, for now I did not manage to make it work, is it even possible?

Thanks
Eli
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 09:03:51 »

I am trying to use the Kap Lab console with my AS3 project. ...Also, for now I did not manage to make it work, is it even possible?
The console should work equally well with Flex or AS3 applications

The idea is to make a Flex application that will initiate my original AS3 application.
I'm not sure how the Kap Lab console, which is for debugging your app, is involved in the plan to launch (or load?) an AS3 app from a Flex app. Can you elaborate on what it is you're trying to make happen and how the console fits into that scheme?
eliatlas

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:34:09 »

I'm not sure how the Kap Lab console, which is for debugging your app, is involved in the plan to launch (or load?) an AS3 app from a Flex app. Can you elaborate on what it is you're trying to make happen and how the console fits into that scheme?
Please ignore what I asked. The reason I was asking it is that assumed that the error is happening because of the fact that the application is pure AS3.
About the error I get:
I am compiling an AS3 project, with SDK 4.1.
Right now the application Facede overrides the DebugFacade as it explained here:
http://lab.kapit.fr/display/puremvcconsole/PureMVC+Console+Integration+Guide

I am trying to initiate the console like this:

:
var p : PureMVCConsole = new PureMVCConsole();
and this is the error I receive:

:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at fr.kapit.popup::PopupLoader()
at fr.kapit::PureMVCConsole()

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:55:53 »

Have you tried asking Kap IT? I'm not sure what their DebugFacade does that would cause problems, but based on the error output perhaps it's using some Flex components to do Popups somehow?

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print