Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Native Port Demos  (Read 6454 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:06:46 »

Frederic,

I just talked with David and he was thinking of porting your Objs JQuery Employee Admin demo to use Native Port with puremvc.define(). That as well as todomvc. Just wanted to be sure those weren't something you were working on at the moment.

Also, David had only spent a few hours on StateMachine, and I am attaching what he sent me at the time. I thought if you were still interested in working on StateMachine, this might be a start. Seems like JSON as a way of defining the FSM would be better than XML since we don't have E4X in JS yet.

-=Cliff>
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:29:32 »

Porting Objs jQuery Employee Admin Demo to Native is a good idea. I'm not working on that for the moment. Please just be sure to use sources from my Github, it has slightly changed when I worked on the jQuery Mobile demo.

For StateMachine, for what I see in what David made seems, it looks like finished. He even has added unit tests. I do not have time to test it for real but it looks like finished. Note that I never wanted to use E4X in my project  you just had a look at sources when they were first converted from AS3 to JavaScript. This was just the original E4X AS3 code not JavaScript.
davidfoley

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 08:04:50 »

Hey there- just to clarify- not one execution of the code- pretty sure it's broken somewhere stupid- didn't get so far to test the tests! Def not finished. Just skeleton code, but regardless of StateMachine, if you're ok with me taking a look at Employee Admin, I'd love to take a stab at it of you're ok with that? Cheers for the GitHub link btw - let me know :)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:42:25 »

Hey David,

I think it would also be worthwhile to work out a simple Hello World demo as outlined here:
http://forums.puremvc.org/index.php?topic=1973.msg8925#msg8925

Probably better to start with than even porting the Employee Admin, which is a smidge more involved.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print