Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TodoMVC - A PureMVC JS Demo  (Read 10702 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:03:32 »

This demo is a PureMVC port of the TodoMVC Project, a JavaScript application framework comparison demo. Given a standard html template, css, and a plain vanilla JavaScript reference app (no framework), developers are challenged to produce implementations base upon their favorite framework.

NOTE: Some browsers may not render the checkboxes, delete buttons, and/or other UI controls properly. This is a result of the standard provided TodoMVC project template, and the same strange browser artifacts appear on most of the 'Stable' apps listed there.

The author is Mike Britton.
The project is located here: https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-js-demo-todomvc/wiki
chylvina

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 07:52:59 »

Hi, good job. But it doesn't support IE6, 7, 8 too. :(

I am expecting a demo that can show us its compatibility with most browsers, taking the advantage of jQuery is preferable. Maybe that's a key point of a common framework.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:56:20 by chylvina » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:13:02 »

jQuery is not part of the demo. The UI is provided by the TodoMVC project. We are simply tasked with making it work using the PureMVC framework.

As far as IE goes, the TodoMVC project requires only IE 8. I included the TodoMVC project's IE code, but it clearly isn't magic, so I'll see what else I have to do to get it working there. I believe the problem is that IE doesn't support events in the same way as every other browser. That just means we have to know how to dispatch events from the view component in a different way if we're using IE. I will see what it takes to get this going soon.

The demo is also (currently) not up to the latest specs at TodoMVC with regard to use of routes and filtering the Todos. I'm working on that right now.
chylvina

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:44:41 »

Yes, you are right. The problem is that IE doesn't support events.

I tested with jQuery and everything goes well.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:44 »

I spent the weekend massively reworking this demo to add routing via Flatiron Director (a TodoMVC requirement that was overlooked first time around, or maybe got added after Mike started working on it) adding support for IE (still need to test today), and simplifying most everything. Will post here when the changes are committed.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:26:40 »

OK, Version 1.1 of this demo is complete and online.

https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-js-demo-todomvc/wiki

Pages: [1]
Print