Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Component architecture - Where to Start?  (Read 6957 times)
mikebritton

View Profile Email
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:08:37 »

I'm working out a responsive design template that may be useful for others.  Showing / hiding of things like top nav and bottom nav is done programmatically, side menu, all that.

How would I begin thinking of this as a puremvc plugin?  I've created many jQuery plugins, so I'm familiar with this format, but a puremvc approach would be different.  I'm trolling for best practices, I guess, since a plugin architecture would open some doors.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:30:27 by mikebritton » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 03:28:10 »

Do you have some demo stuff working in a repo somewhere that we can review? I'm interested in helping to figure out how that might work as well.

I am working to get Bill White's JS Pipes utility ready for primetime, and I'm wondering if a separate core that has this stuff in it might be a managable approach. You'd send PipeMessages to it and it would... (do things?).

But I'd like to see what sort of code and declarations we're pushing around before making any concrete suggestions.
Pages: [1]
Print