Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multicore communication by using interfaces  (Read 8396 times)
openoli

View Profile Email
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:03:54 »

Hi,
I use the PipesUtil a lot and my experience is, that for me it is very hard to keep the survey.
Moreover the addidtional code is a bit annoying.
In general my impression is that by using the standard PureMVC version it is hard to keep the survey over all the notifications and by using the muticore version it is hard to keep the survey over all the plumbing and module communication.

So I asked myself what is the "smaller evil" and do I really need the multicore architecture?
At least I don't need "real modules" that behave like an application or could execute standalone and I don't need 100% decoupled modules.
But I definitely like it to split my applications in differents cores and have all the other benefits of the multicore architecture.

So I'm searching for an easier way to communicate with modules, perhaps by using interfaces?
I've take a look at the modularity demo but I don't feel comfortable with it.
Probably my programming experience is not enough to understand all the things inside.

My understanding is as following:
Module A provides an interface e.g. "IModuleA.as".
Module B would like to communicate with Module A and so it has to implemet "IModuleA.as".
But wich component of Module B should implement the interface?
Should it be a view component or should it be an own class like the "Pipes JunctionMediator" acting as
an class that handles the communication only?

Thanks for help!
Olaf
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:09:40 by openoli » Logged
openoli

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:45:34 »

After study the Modularity demo again and again I think I've got it... at the end it's simple.
Seems that using Interfaces for core communincation is more usable for me than pipes.
Perhaps a mixture of both is the silver bullet.

Thanks, Olaf
Pages: [1]
Print