Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello from pureMVC newbie  (Read 6711 times)
volatile_puppy

View Profile Email
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:45:06 »

Hello Cliff et al,
I am a pureMVC newbie and have heard GREAT things about the framework!  Insult to injury, I have only been programming Flex for about 6 months and during that time many of our projects were already built in Cairngorm.  One of the things that drew me to pureMVC was the "talk" about how well it works with Flex modules.

I have gone though some of the sample projects, but cant really seem to get my head around what is happening in pureMVC.  Can anyone tell me if pureMVC is the right track for me? 

My Holy Grail is to create a project that is highly configurable, that will retrieve values from a web service call during application startup.  The results of the web service will determine which feature modules will be loaded for the individual user.

Thank you so much!

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero -Tyler Durden
Pages: [1]
Print