Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: StateMachine - A PureMVC Swift Utility  (Read 6801 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 15, 2015, 03:08:34 »

This utility provides a simple yet effective Finite State Machine implementation, which allows the definition of discrete states, and the valid transitions to other states available from any given state, and the actions which trigger the transitions.

A mechanism is provided for defining the entire state machine in XML and having a fully populated StateMachine injected into the PureMVC app.

The utility is is located on GitHub: https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-swift-util-statemachine/wiki

The authors are Neil Manuell, Cliff Hall, and Saad Shams.

The Project Owner is Saad Shams. <saad.shams@puremvc.org>
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:53:36 »

Hey Saad,

Just received the following email from William Rena at Arcanys Inc.:

Hi guys. You are doing great with your PureMVC Framework. I used this when I was in Flash Development. I"m a great fan with this framework especially the new PureMVC Swift. I'm currently exploring and learning to adapt this framework and use it in our team. Do you have an example how to use the Pipes and State Machine in Swift?

Do you have any code or notes up your sleeve on this subject?

Cheers,
-=Cliff>

saad

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 12:03:54 »

Hi Cliff,

Just saw this now, I would love to setup a demo for Pipes, something like Prattler demo.

The idea is to create additional framework libraries within the XCode project serving as modules, each one having it's own storyboard, viewComponents, commands, proxies and delegate objects. The viewComponents will then be piped to shell on requests etc. where they would be added to the hierarchy (remove etc.). The visual component management and layout within XCode has changed a lot recently, hopefully the recent changes will be final.

StateMachine is simpler, a demo similar to StopWatch should suffice. Will try to get on them soon.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:24:07 »

That would be really cool.
Pages: [1]
Print