Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flash CS3 Example  (Read 7459 times)
Fred

View Profile Email
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:11:56 »

Hello,

this question might seem a little nerdy, so sorry in advance...
I'm just trying to get started with PMVC and Flash CS3. I basically know how to build MVC Applications, so I just wanted to examine the HelloFlash Example and see how it works, that should do the trick.
But I get an error - the compiler says that the ApplicationFacade class doesn't implement the IFacade interface method "removeCommand".
In fact it doesn't, so the first thing I tried was just adding it to the class as an empty method. That caused several errors, the first of which was that the class org.puremvc.patterns.facade::Facade cannot be found (It's definetly there and added to the classpath - I can import it from elsewhere without problems)
The only sensible conclusion I could draw was that the example has been designed for a previous version of PMVC (I'm using 1.7.1)
Is that the reason? Thanks a lot!
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 08:00:42 »

The original message was a red herring. You didn't need to add a removeCommand method that would be inherited from your 1.7.1 Facade class.

More likely it was the first thing it ran complained about when having difficulty with the Facade class.

I have seen the PureMVC.swc (for use with flex) cause problems with a Flash install, so try moving that out of the classpath.

-=Cliff>
Fred

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:14:06 »

cool it works! just removed the swc...

thanks a lot!
Pages: [1]
Print