Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Login - A PureMVC C# / Silverlight / WebService Demo  (Read 30074 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:17:03 »

This Silverlight demo illustrates the use of PureMVC communicating with a generic .NET WebService to perform a simple Login operation.

The demo has historically been located here: http://trac.puremvc.org/Demo_CSharp_Silverlight_WebService_Login
The project has been moved here: https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-csharp-demo-webservice-login/wiki

The author is Matt Brailsford.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:49:39 by puremvc » Logged
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:02:28 »

I'll be getting this uploaded real soon, i hust have to rejig the folder / namespace structure to suite and we should be good to go.

Matt
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:06:36 »

I was ready to upload, but what with the release of Silverlight 2.0 Beta 1 i'll be updating it to use the new controls that come with it.

It will be up soon, i promise.

Matt
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 08:19:49 »

Hey Matt,

Any chance you could check in the Login demo? I'm getting a lot of emails from people wondering about it.

Thanks,
-=Cliff>
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 04:21:34 »

Hi Cliff,

Sorry about the delay, i've just been REALY busy these past couple  of weeks, plus my copy of VS 2008 timed out, but i now have a full version thanks to the lauch tour =)

I will make it my lifes mission to get something up this week. I just want to rework it to use the new controls instead of the 3rd party controls i was using. But a working example will be up this week.

Matt
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:58:14 »

Really busy? Are you sure? You haven't been sleeping have you? You know that takes up so much TIME! :)

Cool, cool. Yes, I agree using out of box controls would be the best. And I'd be super interested in hearing about your experiences with the new Silverlight stuff. Will it be the Flash killer? Somehow I doubt it and that's a somewhat rhetorical question, but still, I'd love to hear from someone on the ground trying to make progress with it.

Cheers,
-=Cliff>
endquote

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 12:12:10 »

Hi, new guy here. I would love to see this as well. I have downloaded the C# port of PureMVC and have tweaked it to build as a Silverlight 2 project, but it would be great to see some examples of how to use it. For now I'll be looking at the Flex samples and trying to compare...
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 01:56:36 »

Hi,

You might have a look at the Flex demo called EmployeeAdmin. This is a good beginner to see how to pass things around inside the client. It doesn't need to hook up to a service, since the focus is really on working with data in the Model from several different parts of the View. It's been ported to Python, so I'm guessing it won't be that much of a stretch to get it working with Silverlight. It'd be good to have it showing up in yet another incarnation. I like the idea that someone familiar with PureMVC and a particular demo could test the waters of a new language or platform by investigating a demo they're already familiar with.

-=Cliff>
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 11:32:50 »

Hey,

Welcome to the forum, as promised, this demo WILL be up by the end of the week. So if you take a look at the demos sugested by Cliff, and then you can grab the silverlight demo shortly.

I have downloaded the C# port of PureMVC and have tweaked it to build as a Silverlight 2 project...

I'd be interested to know what you needed to tweak to get it to work with Silverlight 2 as if it is a downfall in the setup it would be good to get it updated so others don't have the same problem.

Cliff,

What is this sleep you speak of? I think i remember it from my childhood, but that was a distant memory :)

With regards to Silverlight being a FLASH killer, i'd have to say not. But it has potential to give FLEX a run for it's money. I think it's still very imature though, and probably needs another version or two to be somewhere near to flex. But i think it will end up becoming a question of what ever comes easiest to the developer.

Maybe i'll do a better comparison later, but i have a demo to comit :)

Matt
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 08:13:42 »

Hi Guys,

I just thought i'd write a quick update as the demo is obviously not up yet.

As endquote mentioned, there have been a few changes in the Silverlight from 1.1 to 2.0 the major ones being the lack of non generic collections and a different project / build structure.

Whilst the latter isn't that important, the lack of non generic collections support does mean that we need to decide wich way we want to go (either branch the generic / non generic code, or go all generic and abandon .NET 1.0 support).

If you want to read more, and have your say, take a look at the "[url http://forums.puremvc.org/index.php?topic=141.0]Array, ArrayList, IList<> and Hashtable, IDictionary<> [/url] " post.

What this means for the demo though is that it is a little delayed, again. Sorry guys.

I have updated my codebase, but untill we decide on how we want to move forward with this, i can't yet commit it.

Another problem is also the silverlight version of NUnitLite i was using. This also now needs updating to use generic collections.

So rest assured that i am working on getting this demo out, but there are just a few things to sort out first.

Of course, if someone else would like to update the NUnitLite source code, that would help ;)

Thanks for you patiance

Matt
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 04:21:31 »

Hi Guys,

I had a spare couple of hours over the weekend so thought i'd catchup with the latest silverlight release and the recent changes in PureMVC by updating my Login demo.

With that, I have FINALY managed to get the code into a releasable format. For anyone interested you can download it here:

http://puremvc.mattbrailsford.com/logindemo/Demo_CSharp_Silverlight_WebService_Login.zip

You can try it online at:

http://puremvc.mattbrailsford.com/logindemo/

Username: admin
Password: admin

All the best

Matt
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:36:51 by Gradiation » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 07:31:03 »

Hi Matt,

I believe you should still be able to check that into the Repo. Check and see if your credentials are still valid.

-=Cliff>
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 08:41:16 »

Hey Cliff,

Jobs a good en, all checked in successfully.

Many thanks

Matt
Pages: [1]
Print