Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Courseware  (Read 25745 times)
kofiaddaquay

View Profile Email
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:28:34 »

Hi Cliff, i have been wondering when the next version of the courseware is going to be available. been dying to get started and feel i am being held back because the courseware has been removed from the site. Cant i get a copy of the old version to get started with. I feel stuck and dont know how to proceed. Thanks for your time concerning this

K
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:39:37 »

Kofiaddaquay,

The courseware is in the process of being overhauled. In addition to being updated for Flex Builder 3 and PureMVC 2.0, I'm incorporating  all the feedback and suggestions from the beta test group - nearly 600 submissions altogether.No small job.

In the meantime I'm preparing al the demos and docs for PureMVC 2.0, as well as trying to get the site and project owners ready to present the 30 or so projects in the repository to the world when 2.0 is released.

The problem with leaving the courseware link up is twofold. 1 processing 20 people into the program per day was getting very time consuming and 2 sometimes people would sign up but not start until a few weeks later. That means that at when 2.0 is released the courseware will be out of date but people will still be just starting to use it.

So I had to take it down for now. I hope you can understand my dilemma.

It was the very best learning resource, though, so I'm keen to get it back up there.

For now contact me directly and I'll help you out.

-=Cliff> 
kofiaddaquay

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:08:30 »

Thanks for the quick response. I understand..and shall be patient then and relay any question i have thru the forums. Thanks Cliff

Kofi
theLoggerGuy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:42:45 »

Cliff,

I can see things are moving along given the amount of changes on your site, but I was wondering if you have a target date for the courseware yet?

Thanks.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:49:13 »

Its good to know its so eagerly awaited :)

Its high on my list but not being independently wealthy, other pesky things make it difficult to set an exact date, namely work :(

It is extremely important, so as they say in Jamaica 'Soon come, soon come, Mon'

-=Cliff>
purehead

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 01:57:58 »

Hi, I see the last reply was about 6 months ago.

Just wondering if there is any update on the courseware - I appreciate work may still be getting in the way :)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 05:32:03 »

Yes, this whole 'living in only one universe at a time' thing is really causing things to pile up. Today is my official day for working on it this week...

-=Cliff>
purehead

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:05:05 »

Great!

>this whole 'living in only one universe at a time'...
Maybe that'll change next month when they ramp up the LHC ;)
kofiaddaquay

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:06:01 »

really looking forward. thanks Cliff

K
JJfutbol

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 12:11:10 »

Not to be pushy Cliff but anything new on this? ;)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 05:18:38 »

I wish there was. It is extremely hard to pull off in spare time. I get about one full day for it every two weeks. At least when its done I'll be able to refer to it as 'the eagerly awaited courseware' :)

-=Cliff>
Joel Hooks
Courseware Beta

baby steps

- 46288188  - passport@provinsal.com  - joeltuff
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:36:54 »

I wish there was. It is extremely hard to pull off in spare time. I get about one full day for it every two weeks. At least when its done I'll be able to refer to it as 'the eagerly awaited courseware' :)

-=Cliff>

The beta was by far the best single source for PMVC development I have read to date (outside of source code, but it would have been hard to get through that without the courseware)

You need to work on cloning yourself dude.

http://joelhooks.com - my ramblings about developing with actionscript and python using pureMVC and django respectively.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 08:04:05 »

Yeah, I was talking to some guys at the LHC about this cloning problem and they thought they had it sussed; something about slamming tiny universes together while holding their tongues at just the proper angle of right ascension...

But of course, at the last minute a giant magnet fried or something.

Its so hard to find good help these days. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

-=Cliff>
coulix

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 04:01:10 »

Drooling for the demos,
best way to learn  ;D
purehead

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 06:01:27 »

ribs -> nudge :)

Pages: [1] 2
Print