Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T-Mobile Flex App w/ PureMVC  (Read 11189 times)
shocks

View Profile Email
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:27:30 »

Hi everyone

I've just finished an app for T-Mobile built with Flex and PureMVC.  It was my first PureMVC project and once I got my head around the implementation it served me very well.  I wish I could say it was a smooth project, but with all the client changes and limited development time there are still some tweaks to be made.  Anyway, you can take a look here:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/business/mobile-phones/price-plans/shared/calculator/

Cheers,
Ben

www.combinationstudios.com
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 02:01:08 »

Hi Ben,

I feel your pain on the 'iron triangle' crunch. Few jobs go perfectly, but it certainly looks like you've made the most of the time you had.

This is a really cool app!

I really like the floating order panel that follows you down the page. It allows the app to have a traditional scrolling web page look but retain the rich client feel when you interact with it. Seems pretty innovative really. Most RIA clients I've seen are built to a specific 'lowest common denominator' dimensions so that you can always see all of it.

Kudos,
-=Cliff>

shauno

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:55:59 »

Hi Ben,

As Cliff said, really nice work. I wonder how many users would even notice that it's a flash app (a really good thing in my opinion).

Cheers,
Shaun
shocks

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:55:58 »

Thanks Guys!

Have started another project using PureMVC.  This one is making use of remoting via PyAMF/Django.  Looking forward to getting those Proxies talking to the Python methods. 

Ben
Pages: [1]
Print