Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flex Mentor Required  (Read 7295 times)
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« on: March 08, 2008, 08:51:37 »

Hi Guys,

I've done a lot of flash work in the past (all actionscript starting from flash 4 to date), and currently do quite a lot of .NET work (hence the C# port of the framework) however i am desperate to get into Flex.

I've dabbled every now and then, but am yet to really crack it. I have a specific project i need to work on and would like to ask if there is anybody who would be willing to be a bit of a mentor to get me up to scratch.

I'm hopefully looking for someone who knows a lot about Flex and PureMVC and doesn't mind answering a few ongoing questions via email, msn or skype.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a line.

Cheers

Matt
Joel Hooks
Courseware Beta

baby steps

- 46288188  - passport@provinsal.com  - joeltuff
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 05:38:58 »

I recommend Essential Actionscript 3 by Colin Moock. It is by far the best introduction (and well beyond) to Actionscript available. It is difficult to understand Flex as a framework without first becoming intimate with AS3. You can, but you'll hit the wall rapidly.

Mr. Moock is a great mentor.

http://joelhooks.com - my ramblings about developing with actionscript and python using pureMVC and django respectively.
Gradiation
Port to CSharp

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:44:18 »

Cheers Joel.

This and ActionScript 3.0 Design Patterns are already in my library, it's just the applying of this into real world applications that i now need to master.

Matt
justSteve
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 03:05:47 »

This and ActionScript 3.0 Design Patterns are already in my library, it's just the applying of this into real world applications that i now need to master.

I'm in exactly the same boat...i think it'd be really helpful to see screen captures of Flex adepts as they step thru a given set of tasks like debugging, project configing, how do they approach implementing or extending (or implmenting _and extending) other objects.

Implicit in your original question is the offer of $$ for mentor services...me too. I'm betting if we solicited we'd find at least a handful of other like minded folks in the same boat. If we pooled our bucks we might be able to attract the attention of the gurus....or as we used to pronounce it in Missouri - ga roos'

Actually, AS3 Design Patterns would make for a killer study guide.
Pages: [1]
Print