Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Debugging the MultiCore PureMVC Universe  (Read 8589 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:51:32 »

When you find yourself with several full-fledged applications all running in the same VM, the debugger is going to be your best friend.

And since MultiCore implements Multitons instead of Singletons, the only difference is that the Facade now stores a map of IFacade instances instead of one. Same for the other actors.

That means anywhere you can get a reference to any facade, you can inspect everything registered in every Core. (In the debugger, that is)

See the attached debugger output from the MultiCore Modularity demo.

Note that a facade reference has been opened (doesn't matter which one), and you can see hilighted:

In Yellow: All three Controller instances (CoolWidget, SuperWidget and Modularity)
In Green: All three Facade instances
In Red: All three Model instances
In Blue: All three View instances with the Mediators for the SuperWidget displayed, and SuperWidgetMediator selected

You can get this view by doing:

In Flex Builder's Debugger, in the Variables view menu, set Flex->Show Inaccessable Member Variables, and Show Static Variables.

Then set a breakpoint in any Mediator, Command, or Proxy of the Modularity Demo and run it.

Inspect this.facade and you have a handle the entire holographic PureMVC universe.

-=Cliff>
punchjunkie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 12:35:05 »

Hi Cliff,

I have the latest version of Flex Builder 3 and don't see the option you mentioned from within the variables window or tab? Is there something I might have missed?

Thanks!

-Tony
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:04:21 »

Its not on the tab. If you're looking at the view with tabs named 'Variables', 'Breakpoints', 'Expressions, then let your eye travel to the right side of that view. There are several icons there, and you're looking for a downward pointing triangle. Click it and the menu that opens should have an item called 'Flex', click that and you should see 'Show inaccessable members'

-=Cliff>
punchjunkie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 07:09:48 »

Thanks - it's all good now!!

I knew it was a user error but didn't find much help in my Google search endeavors...

Pages: [1]
Print