Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: View Component Library - Mediators go where?  (Read 8924 times)
mark_ellul

View Profile Email
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:45:20 »

Hi,

I am new to PureMVC.

I am creating a System, where I want a few view components to be in a library which would be shared across a few applications ... for example an ATOM feed viewer.

Would I put the Mediator in each Application for this ATOM Feed viewer? How would I bind my view to the ATOM feed if each Application has its own Model?

I hope I have made myself clear, any help would be appreciated

Regards

Mark
mark_ellul

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:27:27 »

I have been thinking about it... and It almost makes sense to have A Mediator in the Component library that can be inherited from in each application, to say handle the clicking on each article to do different things.

Does that make sense?

About the Model,  I am still a little confused... would I just use an variable in my component and use the inherited Mediators to get the value from the Proxy??

Regards

Mark
trilec

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:02:59 »

Hi Mark,
Being new to this, I dont want to lead you down a strange path.
however, Have you consided the multicore version.
your AtomReaderWidget would be loaded as its own app within you main App.
The multicore framework can also unload and load other widgets you may have.
checkout Modularity demo.
A point Cliff made was that you would need to create interfaces for each core to talk to the surrounding app and for that app to talk to the other cores.

http://trac.puremvc.org/Demo_AS3_MultiCore_Flex_Modularity

T
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:06:59 by trilec » Logged
mark_ellul

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:14:01 »

HI T,

How stable is the Multicore Port of the Framework?

I like the idea of loading the widget at run time... 

Regards

Mark
trilec

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47:04 »

Hi Mark,
 It's using much of the same core as the standard vision, just with additional functionality for the multicore list , it has not been unit tested but Cliff feels it's reasonably stable.

T
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 12:39:18 »

Mark,

The.MultiCore version is still 'experimental' because I haven't yet had the chance to port the unit tests. It has all the same functionality as the standard version and. Knowing the changes I had to mak I feel very confident. But feeling confident and seeing the green bar in FlexUnit are 2 different things, thus the current status :)

I definitely encourage you to spend a little time with it if you have a problem that would best be handled with modules.

However, to see how to package and reuse a utility such as you describe, have a look at the AIR utility called DesktopCitizen and its related demos.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print