Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Java Remote Objects  (Read 7290 times)
tredway

View Profile Email
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:40:06 »

Hi all, I am having a hard time trying to call a Remote Object from inside pureMVC. I get this error:
[ERROR]
FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="[MessagingError message='Destination 'WelcomePage' either does not exist or the destination has no channels defined
(and the application does not define any default channels.)']" faultCode="InvokeFailed" faultDetail="Couldn't establish a connection to 'WelcomePage'"] messageId="D60B1FD4-CE02-F670-8114-C850B78C127E" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2

However, in my remoting-config.xml file I do have a channel defined and I see webORB load my destination in the console. My question is, how do I define a 'channel' in code.

Thanks
Rhysyngsun
Courseware Beta

Nathan Levesque

- rhysyngsun@gmail.com  - rhysyngsun
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:35:52 »

I would load up the WebOrb console and take a look at the code generation section, it provides AS3 code for connecting to each of your services.

Also, be sure to make sure there are no errors in your Java code.

tredway

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 07:22:04 »

The webORb console can invoke the service just fine. Its only through my remote object code that this fails. Its complaining about the Destination, which is defined because I see it get started by WebORB.
Pages: [1]
Print