Error message: "Unable to load swc PureMVC_AS3_2_0_3.swc"

(1/1)

jamesd688:
Hi,
I am attempting to setup a test project though I get the following message;

unable to load SWC PureMVC_AS3_2_0_3.swc

The SWC file is the latest version downloaded from this web site.

This is using Flex Builder 2.01 on Windows XP. I get the same error on both of my laptops. In order to reproduce the error I create a new Flex project, add the SWC file either directly or as a SWC folder. I have added no code to the default mxml file so the project is completely bare. The error message appears when I build the project. Below is a dump from the Flex Builder error log;

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2008-04-08 22:14:29.381
!MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler
!STACK 0
unable to load SWC PureMVC_AS3_2_0_3.swc
   at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwc(SwcCache.java:230)
   at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwcs(SwcCache.java:151)
   at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwcGroup(SwcCache.java:78)
   at flex2.compiler.swc.SwcCache.getSwcGroup(SwcCache.java:67)
   at flex2.compiler.CompilerSwcContext.load(CompilerSwcContext.java:52)
   at flex2.tools.oem.Application.recompile(Application.java:723)
   at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:530)
   at flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderApplication.compile(BuilderApplication.java:224)
   at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder$MyBuilder.mybuild(Unknown Source)
   at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
   at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
   at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.buildApplication(Unknown Source)
   at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:593)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:168)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:202)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:231)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:234)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:253)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:282)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.build(Workspace.java:211)
   at org.eclipse.ui.actions.GlobalBuildAction$1.run(GlobalBuildAction.java:182)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am experienced in using Cairngorm though wish to try out this framework.

Thanks,

James

puremvc:
The SWC file was compiled with Flex Builder 3. It appears they've added some new stuff to the file format that previous versions of Flex do not understand. I've not yet figured out how to get the swc to work in both versions. Currently I suggest building it from the source in FB2. I hope to give this issue a little more love when I get a little time. If you (or anyone reading this) figure it out, please post the answer here.

-=Cliff>

jamesd688:
Built the SWC file from source code and it works ok.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index