Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pure AS3 applications  (Read 8483 times)
hanibal

View Profile Email
« on: April 09, 2008, 05:53:59 »

Hi, Our company will making a huge pure Action Script 3.0 application in Flash CS3 and I investigate this framework to use it. We will use pure Action Script 3.0 because we need make multi core components (Our windows, tabs, form fields, custom form fields, datagrid fields, offline synchronization, etc - all with our custom animations, 30 and more screens), so we cant use flex.
We need make window framework(several kinds of windows) to use in global application,

What is missing is more examples like our application, for example sharing components in this framework, or somethink like this:

<mx:ViewStack id="appView">
        <view:LoginPanel id="login" />       
        <view:LoggedInBox id="loggedIn" />
   </mx:ViewStack>

for pure actionscript, or communication between different Facades.

Can u give me some recomendation for our project?
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:10:10 »

Hi Hanibal,

Unfortunately I haven't had time to make more MultiCore demos. The existing one is in Flex, but thats just to serve the biggest cry for Flex Module support. These could easily be loaded SWF files and the app could be done in CS3. Examining the best practices docs will give you a good idea of the way the classes are used, and everything could easily be pure actionscript. HelloFlash for the AS3 Standard version is a good way to see PureMVC used this way, though it is not MultiCore. The differences are minor and the interfaces for Core to Core communication are AS3 in the MultiCore demo anyway.

In short, right now you have to extrapolate a bit, but its well worth it.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print