Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: why german translation? give us "getting started" instead!  (Read 6951 times)
Deril

View Profile Email
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:48:04 »

Hi... just a quick question...

whats the point of translating "best practices" if it is poorly usable.?!

All we need at this point is - good detailed getting started guide.
I am flash developer for 7 years and I find learning pure MVC very time consuming... its a mix of "best practices"/core class exploration/reverse engineering...

thats not the way one should be learning... :( I usually just read documentation and write code from it.. but as Pure MVC has some complexities. I need nice tutorial.. and I cant find one..
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:29:22 »

Hi Deril,

The short answer is Jens volunteered to do this because he thought it would help.

I certainly hope the translation of the Best Practices guide is not in itself poorly usable.

I can understand the additional need for tutorials, and am working to make the completed courseware available, but unfortunately only have so much spare time so it along with everything else is being sliced in, but believe me it is a high priority. For a long time the courseware beta program was that tutorial. But its being updated to flex / flex builder 3, and the latest PureMVC, as well as  having over 600 the corrections and suggestions from beta tester feedback folded in. 

-=Cliff>
Deril

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:31:10 »

Thanks for honest answer...
 If I find this framework usefull.. I might even write getting started tutorial myself..
but I need to spend more time better understand it myself.. :) This process a bit painful.. ( I understand why so much of my friends give up so easily on PureMVC..)

Good luck.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:15:41 »

I'm truly sorry that your friends are finding the learning curve too steep. I am working on many fronts to to lower the bar to entry, as are many others in the community, it's just a process. Many people are wanting to add utilities, demos and ports, translation of docs, etc. In addition to supporting that, much of my time is spent on a granular basis tending forum questions like this to try and at least make a channel available for people to get concrete questions answered. All in our 'spare time' :)

So if you do hang in there, your friends and others will thank you for any work you do in the form of tutorials, or even blog or forum posts to raise questions and get them answered. Gathering up a list of really good FAQ fodder posts from the forums or anything.

In this world things aren't perfect. The beauty of open-source is we can make it better for others as we go through it. Like this: http://forums.puremvc.org/index.php?topic=456

Thanks,
-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print