Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flex event won't propagate from toolbar to canvas  (Read 7580 times)
earmountaina

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:53 »

Hi,

I think I figured it out. The event that I'm emitting in the Toolbar (xmxl) doesn't seem to have anything to do with the INotification propagation. So I wired up the button event to a notification handler in the toolbar that turns around an sends a Create_Text notification that is seen by the canvas. This make sense. Anyway, I wanted to post this ASAP so people didn't spend time on it. Thanks.

-- Mike
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:51:10 by earmountaina » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:49:34 »

You don't want to be sending notifications from view components themselves. That couples the component to the framework and hampers portability.
If you send an event that a Mediator is listenint for then have the mediator send the Notification, the view component could be reused outside the context of a PureMVC app.

-=Cliff>
earmountaina

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 05:34:30 »

Thanks for the clarification Cliff. I didn't mean to delete the original comment. I just don't know how to work with this forum yet. I'm really appreciative of this framework.  -- Mike
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:59:48 by earmountaina » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print