Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PureMVC and GraniteDS  (Read 7769 times)
Ivan

View Profile Email
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:18:30 »

Hi,

I am completely new to PureMVC. I have an existing demo app that accesses server-side services via GraniteDS with the AS3 code primarily embedded in the mxml file.

In MXML, I make the RemoteObject call and then use a ResultEvent handler to retrieve and cast the returned class. I have no idea how to do that in a PureMVC proxy class.

Is anyone aware of a sample that uses PureMVC with GraniteDS calls encapsulated in a proxy class? Or could someone give me some ideas on how to do this?

I have searched the web for PureMVC with Granite, Blaze and LCDS and had no luck.

Thanks in advance, Ivan
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:20:30 by Ivan » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:26:03 »

CodePeek doesn't use a RemoteObject, it uses HttpService, but the concept is the same. It has a CodeSearchProxy Which talks to Google Code.

The concept is the same, though.

Also some of the other demos like the Flex/WebORB Login actually us RemoteObject.

-=Cliff> 
Ivan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:50:37 »

Dear Cliff,

Thank you for the lead. I have been able to successfully invoke my Java services via GraniteDS from a PureMVC proxy.

I used a Granite SecureRemoteObject in my proxy class instead of the basic RemoteObject and was then able to set the endpoint attribute to the value of the endpoint URI as specified in the WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml on the server and everything just worked.

Best wishes, Ivan
Pages: [1]
Print