Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PipeWorks- a PureMVC AS3 MultiCore Demo  (Read 36289 times)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 10:38:05 »

Hi Toby,

Filters and Queues are a pretty useful concept. Right now, aside from the demo code, you'll probably want to start by reading the Pipes API Docs carefully for these classes, then scoping out the Pipes Utility Unit Tests. Each component is considered there with its own set of tests, so you can see a Queue or a Filter actually working in the wild without a huge supporting application all around it.

Briefly, you put them into a pipeline and send messages to control their operation. Those control messages are consumed by the Filter or Queue and not passed on down the pipe.

-=Cliff>
lowpitch

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 04:02:47 »

Thanks for the advice Cliff... I'll take a peek over the weekend and post a link to whatever I end up writing here :o)

lowpitch

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 05:46:27 »

Just wanted to say that the best piece of advice here was to look into the Unit Tests. I've never actually looked at any Unit Test code before, and always avoided using it in my apps (as ever, mistakenly believing it was more complicated than it is). Not only have these classes helped me work out what's going on with Queues and Filters, but I've also learnt a lot about Unit Testing. Nice one Cliff!
francescop

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 11:06:39 »

Hi All,
sorry just got into Pipes Utility - do I get it right to print out the plumbing scheme for PipeWorks like follows?
thanks so much for your help
francesco

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 08:41:40 »

That looks about right.

-=Cliff>
Pages: 1 [2]
Print