Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question. Ideas.  (Read 11107 times)
swidnikk
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« on: June 16, 2008, 12:24:53 »

Question:
How is the php port related or reliant upon the Zend framework?

Idea:
I have a use case where I am going to add/extend an open source content management system. I would consider using PureMVC as described below and would be interested to know thoughts/impressions from the readers out there.

Proxies
Some proxies connect to the CMS's database tables, others connect with another database altogether. Still other proxies might connect to remote web services.

Commands
Gets references to proxies, sends notifications.
Also might create/update delete mediators. Change the display/page.

I specifically need to intercept/override the CMS's entire user authentication. A command might get form data from a mediator's notification.

Mediators
Listen for AJAX requests. Calculate template logic.

Views
HTML/PHP Templates. Some views are invoked directly, while others are called via the CMS's custom theme that will interface the existing view of the CMS with those of the PureMVC-PHP extensions.

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 02:12:42 »

Currently there are server-side demos in ColdFusion and in Python.

The Python/Google App Engine Blog demo is probably the easiest one to map from, as it does template-handling in the mediator, database handling in the proxy and implements a full set of CRUD operations on blog entries.

-=Cliff>
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:51:31 »

BTW, your assessment above does look correct.

-=Cliff>
swidnikk
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:05:57 »

Okay, I'll have a look. Thanks
Pages: [1]
Print