Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multi-View navigation in Flash  (Read 9425 times)
immerzeel
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:14:52 »

I really like pureMVC!

I want to use it for my Flash applications and website development. One thing I am still trying to 'purify', is how to navigate shen I have multiple views (screens) in my application and still keep modularity.

I really envy the Flex's ViewStack/Workflowstate and would like to implement a, kind of, similar setup in Flash. There is only one Flash pureMVC example, which didn't help me much with this issue.

Any one got a idea for this?

Pascal
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:26:56 »

Hi Pascal,

The first thing I'd do is get the Flex source code and examine Adobe's ViewStack implementation for ideas.

One thing to keep in mind is that this Flash Viewstack that you might create, like any View Component, should be something that does not require PureMVC to operate.

-=Cliff>
immerzeel
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:24:18 »

I don't know if I have used the right name for it, but all I want is a standardized way to navigate between multiple screen of the application, not a stand-alone component.

isn't there a pattern for navigation? (mmm.. Have to look for that). Maybe like the ViewHelper/ViewLocator pattern in Cairngorm, but I have seen people pull up their noses at this implementation.

Anyone got advise on navigation, not tying the views down and like Cliff said, not make it dependent on  pureMVC
Pages: [1]
Print