Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: performance  (Read 7303 times)
christian

View Profile Email
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:15:47 »

first of all: thank you thank you, cliff, for creating such a beautiful, clean machine, and for sharing it!

performance is a sensitive issue. now heres my question:
when i compile an empty .fla, it says on my pc (macbook pro 2.5 pentium dualcore): Adobe Flash ca 5%
when i compile an empty mvcProject connected to a .fla(just the facade), it says about 10%

it appears to me that the framework needs ressources at about 5%, at least on my machine.

are there any experiences so far, or somebody knowing that for some reason pureMVC framework needs
capacities by sitting in the backrows?

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:10:39 »

when i compile an empty mvcProject connected to a .fla(just the facade), it says about 10%i

Are you instantiating the facade? And when you say mvcProject, is this from a template of some sort? Or ar you just talking about a class that extends Facade? And are you talking about cpu or memory resources?

-=Cliff>
christian

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 02:33:17 »

sorry for beeing unprecise. i am extending a class that does nothing with facade, registering two commands on startup, and the main class just instantiates an instance of that extended facade by calling AppFacade.getInstance(). the cpu thing became interesting to me while i was checking whether i would waste my memory or cpu by random-wild clicking of buttons that call tween processes, you never know. and yes, i meant cpu not the memory. thanks for the reply.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 03:49:46 »

Unless these classes are falling into some kind of notification loop, I can't imagine why they'd simply ratchet up cpu usage by 5%. A spike during object creation perhaps but not constant.

Use the debugger to see if you can tell what's going on. 
christian

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 07:19:03 »

oki.. its different inside browser player and standalone flash player 9, but diminuishes after a while. cant reconstruct exactly what caused that strange cpu rise. maybe just some weird things going on inside the macbook, event
if inside a macbook, there not ought to be any weirdness at all. thanks for advice anyways!

cheers, c'
Pages: [1]
Print